Sunday, July 20, 2014

Road block...

It's July... As in now less than 5 months before deadline... and poor old 40 things before 40 has hit a road block...




I can't believe it was in December that I last posted!  Or the fact that there are not more things crossed off the list...

So what does one do when she comes to the road block?  Does she end the mission there (scrap the entire list)?  Does she find an alternate route (modify the list)?  Or does she just barge on through that big old road block (race out and find a rich lover with a big house who is willing to let her rip walls out)? 

Option 1 has been playing on my mind as the one to go with... but a little voice in me keeps bugging me to take option 2.

(Option 3, sorry, I'm sure you're a great guy but i'm just not interested)...  
 
Before we go on tho lets take a squizz at the roadblock...

So April 2014 I had the opportunity to go to Europe for work.  BIG FAT HUGE step out of my comfort zone.  I never imagined I would leave my children for 10 days, let alone to go on an international trip on my own.   But I did.  And it was amazing.  And I realised that I am part of a big world and I don't have to be caged in by things that my heart doesn't want to do anymore.  I can tell you Europe changed my life.   For the first time in a long time I was just ME.   I met strangers who become amazing friends in a short period of time.  I met people with a passion for travel, for life.  I stood in places that had been through the horrors of war, places dripping with history.  Castles and countrysides.  People and travellers.  And it changed me.



Fast forward to May and the decision was made that my husband and I would separate.  Enter 40 things before 40 roadblock.  This year we had planned to buy a house together.  So there's one thing on the list that won't be completed.  And at this house we had plans... gardens and animals and decorating and... well plans... so cross another 6 or so things off the list...  Paintballing and a weekend away at a B&B with hubby... off the list too...


There's also a couple of things on the list too that I just don't think are going to happen... I mean seriously, in the past 15 months do you think i've seen a single gecko!?  I do not WANT to see a gecko, but as its my fear I NEED one to have a photo with.  *Hyperventilating at the thought*

So now the decision is down to option 1 or option 2... 






No comments:

Post a Comment